How can I earn full custody of my one year old son?

Wife is a felon (I have no criminal record), her & her brothers admitted that she was using "meth" during the month of March 2012, she's clean now because this was a "wake up call". I have no proof & failed in getting her drug tested.

Answers (1) disclaimer

901 North Third Street, Suite 110
Minneapolis CA 55401
(612) 294-2200

Heimerl & Lammers LLC

In child custody cases, it is no longer standard procedure to award full custody to the mother simply because she is the mother. Both parents are now viewed as equal and they both are able to request custody of the children. Rather than favoring one parent over the other, the court now acts according to what they have determined to be the best interests of the child. Even though you may not have any hard evidence to prove that your wife was using illegal drugs, the fact that she already has a criminal record is something that the judge would certainly take into consideration should your case go to court. The judge will examine who was the primary caregiver of your son, the mental and physical health of you and your wife, any past crimes, and any past allegations of domestic abuse. Choosing a family law attorney in your local area to represent you during this time could greatly increase the possibility of receiving full custody of your son.

Related Questions

i need to know what i need to do to change a minor child's name?

Biological father not around. need to change ne for school so that she does not get confused. I live in colo. have a child support case out of ...
answered by Wisselman, Harounian & Associates, P.C. - Colorado View answers »

Relocating from one town to another in the same county, do I have to file relocation with court house?

Lease runs out and moving in with fiancy in September. Do I need fathers conscent to move? Do I have to file relocation with court house?
answered by Jason K.S. Porter, P.A. - Pennsylvania View answers »

How can I protect my daughter from my husband if he hurt her?

My husband beat my daughter about the face and head while driving home from the local Wal Mart. There were bruises becoming apparent as soon as they ...
answered by Zinda & Davis, PLLC - South Carolina View answers »