Latest News 2010 April Man Refusing to Pay Child Support Gets Jail Time

Man Refusing to Pay Child Support Gets Jail Time

A judge has sentenced a man to a year and a day in prison after he refused to pay child support in Maine. The man was being ordered to pay $44,000 in back child support. The court found that the man had not made a single child support payment since his divorce in 2004. The man's attorney tried to argue that that the original divorce decree was unreasonable. 

Family law issues such as child support can be difficult to resolve depending on the situation you find yourself in. No one should have to suffer in these situations after divorce, so it is important that you understand that you do have options in moving forward with this matter. You have rights that should be protected and will be protected if your case is handled properly. By working with a family law lawyer, you will be able to move forward with your case and resolve it in the best way possible. An attorney will make sure to protect your rights while fighting on your behalf. You can trust in a lawyer to know how to handle your case while guiding you through this difficult process. Please take some time today to contact a family law attorney and begin discussing your case.

Categories: Child Support, Family Law